New Features on 270toWin
Here are some of the most recent updates on the site along with a chronology of feature changes in recent years. To keep up with the latest site information, please follow us on Twitter or like our Facebook page. Keep up with the latest political news here.
- January 25: Historical presidential maps updated to numerically reflect split votes (instead of stripes). All available electoral votes for each state are displayed on the maps, including faithless and votes not cast.
- January 24: Launch of 2024 electoral map. The map will change for 2024 based on the 2020 Census.
- August 16: U.S. House election history 1982-2018 added to each state's history.
- August 13: State House View added. Will be especially relevant in the case of an electoral college tie.
- January 15: A running list of the latest Democratic primary polls. Alternately, choose the most recent one in each state.
- November 24: Site redesign launched. Larger maps and responsive to different screen display sizes.
- June 4: Democratic delegate estimates based on state polls: Select a state. A fully interactive calculator to follow later this year.
- June 3: Looking ahead to redistricting after 2020 Census, added legislature party control interactive maps for State Senate and State House
- February 18: The Road to 270 winning combinations calculator is available. It is below the 2020 electoral map
- December 19: 2020 Census will lead to an updated 2024 electoral map. Check out the projected changes -- the map is interactive
- September 24: A table view is now available for the House Interactive Map
- August 8: Tilt ratings option and color chooser now available for all 2018 interactive maps: Senate, House, Governor
- December 20: New census figures released; updating the projected 2024 electoral map
- November 17: Updated the governor interactive map to reflect the results of the two 2017 elections. 36 seats to be contested in 2018.
- November 1: Upgraded Elected Officials Lookup incorporating address autocomplete. Added legislator address, phone number and social media accounts
- July 19: A one-page look at how each state has voted since 1900
- March 15: There are 2 gubernatorial elections in 2017, 36 in 2018. Create your forecast with the governor interactive map
- December 19: Follow along live as we fill in a map as the Electors vote (now redirects to 2016 historical map)
- May 30: The simulator returns for 2016. New features include the ability to run the simulation based on actual poll closing times
- April 5: Will any Republican reach 1,237 delegates to win the nomination before the convention? Game it out with this interactive calculator.
- March 18: Candidate delegate maps show placement, delegates in each primary/caucus and % of remaining delegates needed to secure nomination.
- February 26: Margin of victory maps are back! See how competitive each state was for each election since 1972.
- February 1: Primary and caucus season is underway. Follow along with our delegate maps, which let you filter based on time, contest type and allocation method; select any state on the map to see the polls and additional info.
- January 11: A redesigned Senate interactive map lets you look at the current Senate, create and share a 2016 forecast and see the composition of the 2017 Senate based on that prediction.