2022 Washington Live Results


Election Date November 8, 2022
Where to Vote Find your Polling Place and Hours
Polls Close 11:00 PM Eastern Time
Ballots returned by mail must be postmarked by this time
On this Page Results for U.S. Senate, U.S. House, State Legislature

U.S. Senate

Consensus Forecast
Likely Democratic

Sen. Patty Murray (D) and Tiffany Smiley (R), a nurse and veterans affairs advocate, advanced from the state's top-two primary. Murray, running for her sixth term, received 57% of the vote, while Smiley was at 30%. Polling, particularly over the past few weeks, has shown a much more competitive general election.


U.S. House

Consensus Forecast
Safe R
Likely R
Likely D
Safe D

These elections will be contested using redistricted boundaries. District 8, situated in the central part of the state, is seen as the most closely-contested seat. District 3 is slightly on the competitive radar after Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler was ousted in the GOP primary.

State Senate

CNalysis Forecast
Safe Democratic

Democrats hold 29 of the 49 seats in the Washington State Senate. Members serve four-year staggered terms; 24 of the seats are up for election in 2022.

The CNalysis model showed Democrats with a 84% probability of maintaining control of the State Senate. Republicans had an 16% chance of winning the chamber.

State House

CNalysis Forecast
Safe Democratic

Democrats hold a 57-41 edge over Republicans in the Washington House of Representatives. Members serve two-year terms.

The CNalysis Model showed Democrats with a 63% probability of maintaining control, while Republicans had a 32% chance of winning the chamber. There was a 5% likelihood of an even split.


No 2022 election