Live Results from the First Special Election of 2023
By 270toWin Staff
January 3, 2023, 5:21 PM ET
Georgia kicks off the 2023 special election calendar Tuesday. Republican David Ralston, the powerful long-time House Speaker, died in November, shortly after announcing he would be stepping down from that role due to health issues.
House District 7 is in a very conservative part of North Georgia. That is reflected on the special election ballot, where five Republicans are looking to succeed Ralston. The candidates include his widow, Sheree. If no candidate gets a majority of the vote, the top two finishers will meet in a January 31 runoff.
Polls close at 7:00 PM Eastern Time.
Upcoming Special Elections
- January 10
- Mississippi State House District 23
- Virginia State House Districts 24 and 35
- Virginia State Senate District 7
- January 31
- Pennsylvania State Senate District 27
- February 7
- Pennsylvania State House Districts 32, 34, 35
- February 21
- Virginia U.S. House District 4
- Kentucky State Senate District 19
- New Hampshire State House District Strafford 8