Laredo Mayoral Runoff Election
By 270toWin Staff
December 17, 2022, 11:09 AM ET
On Election Day, there were 17 mayoral elections across the nation's 100 largest cities.1 In Laredo, the smallest of those cities, no candidate received a majority of the vote, requiring this runoff.
||Pete Saenz (I)
A ten-person field competed in the nonpartisan (NPA) November 8 election, with four candidates receiving over 15% support. The top two finishers were Mercurio Martinez (22% of the vote) and Victor Trevino (21%). They were separated by just over 300 votes. Martinez is a former City Councilmember, while Trevino was previously the top doctor at the city's health authority.
Polls close at 8:00 PM Eastern Time.
Upcoming Special Elections
- December 20
- Georgia State House District 129
- January 3
- Georgia State House District 7
- January 10
- Mississippi State House District 23
- Virginia State House District 35
- Virginia State Senate District 7
- January 31
- Pennsylvania State Senate District 27
- February 7
- Pennsylvania State House Districts 32, 34, 35
- February 21
- Virginia U.S. House District 4