Live Results: South Carolina State Senate Special Election
By 270toWin Staff
March 29, 2022, 5:50 PM ET
South Carolina State Senate District 31
Republicans hold a 29-16 edge over Democrats in the 46-member South Carolina State Senate. Terms are for four years; the next regular elections are in 2024. These will be contested using redistricted boundaries.
District 31 is located in and around Florence, close to the coast in the northeastern part of the state. Republican Hugh Leatherman, who had been in the State Senate since 1981, died last November 12. Leatherman was unopposed in the three elections (2012, 2016, 2020) since the last redistricting.
There are two candidates on the ballot. Republican Mike Reichenbach narrowly won his party's January 25 primary. The Democratic nominee is Suzanne La Rochelle; she faced no primary opposition.
Polls close at 7:00 PM Eastern Time.
- April 5
- California U.S. House District 22 Special Primary
- California State Assembly Districts 11, 62, and 80 Special Primaries
- Georgia State House District 45 Special Election
- Runoff May 3 (if necessary)
- Milwaukee Mayor Special Election
- Pennsylvania State House Districts 19, 24, and 116 Special Elections
- April 7
- New York State Assembly District 20 Special Election
- April 19
- California State Assembly District 17 Special Election
- May 3
- Indiana Primary
- Ohio Primary
- Michigan State House Districts 15, 36, 43, and 74 Special Elections
- May 10
- Nebraska Primary
- West Virginia Primary
- Newark, NJ Mayoral Election