2022 Pennsylvania Live Results


Election Date November 8, 2022
Where to Vote Find your Polling Place
Polls Close 8:00 PM Eastern Time
On this Page Results for U.S. Senate, Governor, U.S. House, State Legislature

U.S. Senate

Consensus Forecast
Tilt Republican

Sen. Pat Toomey (R) is retiring. This is a highly competitive race between GOP media personality Mehmet Oz and Lt. Gov. John Fetterman. After trailing most of the campaign, Oz has pulled even to slightly ahead in polling in the closing couple of weeks. It is unclear how much of that movement is due to voter perceptions of the October 25 debate between the two.


Consensus Forecast
Likely Democratic

Gov. Tom Wolf (D) was ineligible to run due to term limits. State Attorney General Josh Shapiro is the Democratic nominee. Republicans nominated State Sen. Doug Mastriano, despite perceptions that he was less electable. That seems to have been borne out, as Shapiro has seen a double-digit lead in most polls. 

U.S. House

Consensus Forecast
Safe R
Likely R
Tilt R
Likely D
Safe D

These elections will be conducted using redistricted boundaries. The state lost a district. You can use this feature to compare new and old district boundaries for any street address.

The most at-risk incumbents appear to be Democrats Susan Wild (PA-07) and Matt Cartwright (PA-08). PA-17 is also a potential GOP pick-up; incumbent Conor Lamb retired in an unsuccessful bid for U.S. Senate.

PA-12 has an interesting quirk: 14-term Democrat Mike Doyle is retiring. The Republican nominee for the seat this year is also named Mike Doyle. This should be a safe Democratic district, but it could be closer than expected due to some voter confusion.

State Senate

CNalysis Forecast
Safe Republican

Republicans hold a 28-21 edge over Democrats in the Pennsylvania State Senate. There is one independent. Members serve four-year staggered terms; the even-numbered Districts are on the ballot this year.

State House

CNalysis Forecast
Leans Democratic

Republicans hold 113 of 203 seats in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. There are 88 Democrats; two seats are vacant. Members serve two-year terms.

The CNalysis Model showed Republicans with a 69% probability of maintaining control, while Democrats had a 31% chance of winning the chamber.