2022 Minnesota Live Results


Election Date November 8, 2022
Where to Vote Find your Polling Place and Hours
Polls Close 9:00 PM Eastern Time
On this Page Results for Governor, U.S. House, State Legislature


Consensus Forecast
Likely Democratic

Democratic Gov. Tim Walz is seeking a second term. He is being challenged by Republican former State Sen. Scott Jensen.

U.S. House

Consensus Forecast
Safe R
Likely R
Leans D
Safe D

These elections will be contested using redistricted boundaries. Home to quite a few competitive districts in recent cycles, only District 2 looks to be closely-contested in 2022. There, Democrat Angie Craig is seeking a third term.

In a bizarre coincidence, this will be the second consecutive election where the Legal Marijuana Now nominee died after the ballot was finalized. In 2020, Adam Weeks got about 6% of the vote, so the presence of Paula Overby - this year's nominee - on the ballot could make a difference in a close race.

State Senate

Republicans hold a narrow 34-31 edge over Democrats in the Minnesota State Senate. There is one independent and one vacancy. The chamber uses a 2-4-4 system: Terms are four years in length except two years for the election immediately preceding a redistricting. The 2020 elections were for two years, the ones this year and in 2026 will be for four years.

The CNalysis model showed Republicans with a 62% probability of maintaining control of the State Senate. Democrats had an 38% chance of winning the chamber.

State House

CNalysis Forecast
Leans Democratic

The Minnesota House of Representatives is narrowly split between the two parties. Democrats hold 69 seats, Republicans 63. There is one independent and one vacancy. Members serve two-year terms.

The CNalysis model showed Republicans with a 52% probability of gaining control, while Democrats had a 45% chance of holding the chamber. There was a 3% likelihood of an even split.

U.S. Senate

No 2022 election