2022 Michigan Live Results


Election Date November 8, 2022
Where to Vote Find your Polling Place and Hours
Polls Close 8:00 PM Eastern Time, except 9:00 PM Eastern for those areas observing Central Time
On this Page Results for Governor, U.S. House, State Legislature


Consensus Forecast
Leans Democratic

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) is seeking a second term. She is being challenged by Republican nominee Tudor Dixon. Polling for this race has bounced around, but generally pointed to a closer race as the election neared. That said, Whitmer has seen at least 50% support in most surveys.

U.S. House

Consensus Forecast
Safe R
Leans R
Leans D
Safe D

These elections will use redistricted boundaries. The state is losing a district. You can use this feature to compare new and old district boundaries for any street address.

There are four competitive races here. Republican Peter Meijer, one of 10 House Republicans to vote for impeachment, lost his District 3 primary to Trump-endorsed John Gibbs. This has improved the prospects for a Democratic flip.

District 7 is seen as a true toss-up, as Democrat Elissa Slotkin seeks a third term. She received a surprising endorsement late last month. In District 8, Democrat Dan Kildee faces his most competitive election to date. District 10, open after redistricting, slightly favors Republican John James, who twice ran unsuccessfully for the U.S. Senate.

State Senate

Republicans have a 22-16 margin over Democrats in the Michigan State Senate. Members serve four-year terms.

The CNalysis model showed Republicans with a 53% probability of maintaining control of the State Senate. Democrats had an 35% chance of winning the chamber, while there was an 12% likelihood of an even split.


State House

With a 56-53 edge over Democrats, Republicans narrowly have control of the Michigan House of Representatives. There is one vacancy. Members serve two-year terms. 

The CNalysis Model showed Republicans with a 64% probability of maintaining control, while Democrats had a 32% chance of winning the chamber. There was a 4% likelihood of an even split.

U.S. Senate

No election in 2022