2022 Maine Live Results


Election Date November 8, 2022
Where to Vote Find your Polling Place 
Polls Close 8:00 PM Eastern Time
On this Page Results for Governor, U.S. House, State Legislature


Consensus Forecast
Leans Democratic

Democratic Gov. Janet Mills is seeking a second term. Former Gov. Paul LePage is the Republican nominee. LePage previously served the maximum two consecutive terms allowed under Maine law, making him ineligible to run in the 2018 election.

Ranked choice voting is not used in general elections for governor.

U.S. House

Consensus Forecast
Leans D
Safe D

These elections will use redistricted boundaries. District 1 remains safely Democratic, while District 2 remains highly competitive. The election there is a rematch of 2018, where Democrat Jared Golden defeated Poliquin in the first congressional election decided by ranked choice voting. With independent Tiffany Bond on the ballot, it is possible that the ranked choice tabulation will again come into play.


State Senate

CNalysis Forecast
Leans Democratic

Democrats hold a 22-13 majority over Republicans in the Maine State Senate. Members serve two-year terms. Ranked choice voting is not used in general elections for State Senate.

The CNalysis model showed Democrats with a 66% probability of maintaining control of the State Senate. Republicans had an 34% chance of winning the chamber.

State House

CNalysis Forecast
Tilt Democratic

Democrats hold a 77-63 margin over Republicans in the Maine House of Representatives. There are three members with other party designations as well as eight vacancies. Members serve two-year terms. Ranked choice voting is not used in general elections for State House.

As of November 6, this was one of two State Houses nationwide rated as toss-ups in the CNalysis model. Democrats had a 55% probability of keeping control, while Republicans had a 45% likelihood of winning the chamber.

U.S. Senate

No 2022 election