2022 Alaska Live Results


Election Date November 8, 2022
Where to Vote Find your Polling Place and Hours
Polls Close November 9, 12:00 AM Eastern Time
Except November 9, 1:00 AM for those areas observing Hawaiian-Aleutian Time
On this Page Results for U.S. Senate, Governor, U.S. House, State Legislature

These elections will be conducted using ranked choice voting.

U.S. Senate

Consensus Forecast
Safe Republican

Incumbent Republican Lisa Murkowski is seeking a fourth term. Three Republicans and one Democrat advanced from the August top-four primary. The GOP is heavily favored to hold the seat; the question is whether it will be Murkowski or her Trump-endorsed challenger, Kelly Tshibaka.

Although he remains on the ballot, Buzz Kelley dropped out of the race in September, throwing his support behind Tshibaka.


Consensus Forecast
Likely Republican

Republican Gov. Mike Dunleavy is seeking a second term. 

U.S. House

Consensus Forecast
Leans Democratic

Alaska is one of six states with a single at-large district. The incumbent, Democrat Mary Peltola, won an August special election to replace Republican Don Young, who died in March after nearly 50 years in office.

That special election was the first to be conducted using ranked choice voting, approved by voters in 2020. Peltola finished first with 40%; Republicans Sarah Palin and Nick Begich finished 2nd/3rd, splitting most of the remaining 60%. Begich was therefore eliminated; Peltola secured a majority over Palin in the ranked choice tabulation.

Peltota, Palin, and Begich are back on the ballot, having advanced from the regular August primary. The fourth place finisher, Republican Tara Sweeney withdrew, allowing Libertarian Chris Bye - who finished fifth - to take her spot.

State Senate

CNalysis Forecast
Safe Democratic

Republicans hold a 13-7 edge over Democrats in the Alaska State Senate

State House

CNalysis Forecast
Tilt Republican

Republicans have 21 seats in the Alaska House of Representatives. There are 15 Democrats, 3 independents, and one nonpartisan member. The chamber is organized/controlled via the Alaska House Coalition, comprised of all 15 Democrats along with several Republicans and independents. Members serve two year terms.