1792 Actual Election Results
|✓||George Washington (I)||Federalist||132|
1792 Election Facts
- Prior to 1804, each Elector cast two votes for President, effectively doubling the votes cast
- Each Elector selected Washington with one of his votes, effectively making him unanimous choice for President. That is reflected on the map above. By coming in 2nd, John Adams was named Vice-President
- Virginia's 21 Electoral Votes represents 15.9% of total. This is the greatest concentration for one state in history of the U.S.
- Welcome: Kentucky & Vermont become states during this election cycle
- Issues of the Day: Militia Act of 1792