2022 Oregon Live Results


Election Date November 8, 2022
Where to Vote All voters receive mail ballots. If needed, find a Drop Box Location.
Polls Close 11:00 PM Eastern Time, except 10:00 PM Eastern for Malheur County areas observing Mountain Time.
This is the deadline to drop off or mail a completed ballot.
On this Page Results for U.S. Senate, Governor, U.S. House, State Legislature

U.S. Senate

Consensus Forecast
Safe Democratic

Democrat Ron Wyden is favored to win a fifth term.


Consensus Forecast
Tilt Democratic

The last Republican elected governor here was in 1982. The party has a chance to break that streak this year. First, Democratic Gov. Kate Brown is both term-limited and unpopular. Second, Betsy Johnson, a progressive independent, is seeing notable support, most likely coming from Democrats. Finally, as NPR notes, "Oregonians are angsty after years of COVID-19 lockdowns, and amid a worsening homelessness crisis that has been particularly acute in Portland, the state's largest city."

All of this has led to a toss-up race between Democrat Tina Kotek, the former State House Speaker, and Republican Christine Drazan, a former Minority Leader of the State House.

U.S. House

Consensus Forecast
Safe R
Leans R
Tilt D
Leans D
Safe D

These elections will be conducted using redistricted boundaries. The state gained a district. You can use this feature to compare new and old district boundaries for any street address.

Oregon Democrats controlled redistricting, enacting a map that they hoped would give the party five of six districts. To be able to do that, Districts 4, 5 and 6 were drawn such that they favored Democrats, but could be competitive in a bad year.  This might be that year: All three races have become progressively closer as the campaign has gone on. 

State Senate

CNalysis Forecast
Safe Democratic

Democrats hold an 18-11 edge over Republicans in the Oregon State Senate. There is one independent. Members serve four-year staggered terms; half the seats are up for election this year.

The CNalysis model showed Democrats with a 60% probability of maintaining control of the State Senate. Republicans had an 25% chance of winning the chamber, while there was a 15% likelihood of an even split.

State House

CNalysis Forecast
Likely Democratic

Democrats hold 37 of 60 seats in the Oregon House of Representatives. Members serve two-year terms.

The CNalysis model gave Democrats a 63% probability of maintaining control. Republicans had a 32% chance of flipping the chamber, while there was a 5% likelihood of an even split.